PDF Resume here
Proficient in C/C++ and OOP
Experienced in C# and .Net
Unreal Engine 4
Database with SQL
3D Modeling and Animation with Maya
Version Control with TFS, Git, and SVN
3D Geometry and Linear Algebra
Personnel and School Projects
Unreal - Group Artificial Intelligence Behavior System
Agents will communicate with each other via a shared blackboard for potential threats and confirmed targets.
Implemented an influence map for world state abstraction including information such as last searched position and threat sensors.
Unity – Preference Based AI Targeting System
Agent target selection is based on its weapon effectiveness and terrain type.
Effective travel distance is estimated using Dijkstra and A* pathfinding searches.
Unity – Vancouver Game Jam 2016 (Group Project)
The game is an adventure style game that switches between 3 states: happy, angry, and neutral.
Added a particle manager that changes the particle effects depending on the game state.
Programmed the pitch of the music to change when the state is transitioning.
C++ - 2D Fighting Game Engine
Developed an animation tree system for character move sets.
Implemented an input history tracking system for commands recognition and replays.
Support common fighting game mechanics including assists, super armor, combos, special, and super moves.
Created a game editor for character authoring and balance tuning.
Bachelor of Video Game Programming
Art Institute of Vancouver (2013-2016)
Artificial Intelligence programming
• Implemented a modular steering system with support for obstacle avoidance and flocking.
• Developed a polymorphic state machine that is templatized to support different agent types.
• Implemented a pathfinding system where a unit plots for the best route between two points.
• Created a component system to give objects components instead of using inheritance and this was done by passing through a scenes xml data.
• Developed a object factory system that would allocate memory for all of the entities in the game when runtime is initiated.
Concurrency and Parallel Processing
• Learned C++11 multi-threading mechanisms and used locks to guide the threads.
• Used Atomic variables to lock threads out from accessing the same variable at the same time.
Certificate of Digital Animation
British Columbia Institute of Technology (2010-2011)
Samco Software Engineer March 2016 - current
I manage databases in C# and create a reporting system for customers using the input data they send into the software. I also optimize its current code in the system to make it run faster across all platforms, I also make the software user friendly and try to make everything straight forward for the user on how each part of the program works.
McDonalds Manager 2007 - March 2016
As a manager I lead shifts every week, making sure customers get a fast, accurate, friendly experience every visit. I provide leadership to crew and other managers during a shift to ensure great Quality, Service and Cleanliness to our customers. I also perform a variety of tasks, which may include planning for each shift, monitoring performance during the shift, taking action to ensure the team is meeting McDonald's standards, monitoring safety, security, and profitability, and communicating with the next Shift Manager to help prepare him/her to run a great shift, too.
I like to play video games, magic the gathering, basketball, and swimming I also make models and paint in my spare time as well.